Week 13 Player Fantasy Rankings - Running Backs
By Thomas J. Harrigan, Fantasy Sports Writer
Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - Four top fantasy running backs failed to make it through Week 12 unscathed.
St. Louis' Zac Stacy suffered a concussion, and it probably prevented him from having a 30-point fantasy game against the Chicago Bears. In the same game, Bears RB Matt Forte came away with a hyperextended knee.
Against Kansas City, San Diego's Ryan Mathews had his fifth effort with double-digit fantasy points in his last six games, but he left with a hamstring injury.
And Denver's Knowshon Moreno paid the price for carrying the ball 37 times for 224 yards and a touchdown against the New England Patriots. He left Gillette Stadium on crutches due to a bone bruise on his lower leg.
None of these situations is resolved as of Thursday morning, as all four players missed practice Wednesday.
Forte is expected to play and is a top-five play against Minnesota, and if Stacy passes concussion tests he's a must-start, even against San Francisco.
If Stacy doesn't play Benny Cunningham will start, but he shouldn't be trusted as more than a flex option against the 49ers.
Moreno's and Mathews' conditions are more likely to linger into Sunday and prevent them from playing at full capacity if they're active at all.
If Moreno plays, you're obviously starting him, but don't expect him to get more than 20 touches. Montee Ball will be involved and makes for a low-end flex play if Moreno starts, and he'll be a RB2 if Denver rules out Moreno.
As for Mathews, fantasy owners should look for other options. Danny Woodhead is shaping up as a top-20 option against Cincinnati.
Top-50 Running Back Rankings
1) Adrian Peterson, Minnesota
2) Marshawn Lynch, Seattle
3) Eddie Lacy, Green Bay
4) Jamaal Charles, Kansas City
5) Matt Forte, Chicago
6) Frank Gore, San Francisco
7) Rashad Jennings, Oakland
8) Andre Brown, New York Giants
9) Reggie Bush, Detroit
10) Zac Stacy, St. Louis
11) Chris Johnson, Tennessee
12) LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia
13) Alfred Morris, Washington
14) Knowshon Moreno, Denver
15) Fred Jackson, Buffalo
16) Giovani Bernard, Cincinnati
17) Danny Woodhead, San Diego
18) Le'Veon Bell, Pittsburgh
19) Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville
20) Pierre Thomas, New Orleans
21) C.J. Spiller, Buffalo
22) DeMarco Murray, Dallas
23) Shane Vereen, New England
24) Steven Jackson, Atlanta
25) Donald Brown, Indianapolis
26) Bobby Rainey, Tampa Bay
27) Chris Ivory, New York Jets
28) Ryan Mathews, San Diego
29) Ray Rice, Baltimore
30) Andre Ellington, Arizona
31) Brandon Bolden, New England
32) Montee Ball, Denver
33) BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cincinnati
34) Joique Bell, Detroit
35) Darren Sproles, New Orleans
36) Stevan Ridley, New England
37) Rashard Mendenhall, Arizona
38) DeAngelo Williams, Carolina
39) Ben Tate, Houston
40) Lamar Miller, Miami
41) Darren McFadden, Oakland
42) Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
43) Dennis Johnson, Houston
44) Mike Tolbert, Carolina
45) Michael Bush, Chicago
46) Chris Ogbonnaya, Cleveland
47) Bilal Powell, New York Jets
48) Trent Richardson, Indianapolis
49) Marcel Reece, Oakland
50) Benny Cunningham, St. Louis
11/28 11:41:51 ET