NCAA Game Summary - Miami-Ohio at Bowling Green
(Saturday, January 25th)
Final Score: Miami-Ohio 70, Bowling Green 65
Bowling Green, OH (SportsNetwork.com) - Will Sullivan and Willie Moore both scored 16 points as the Miami-Ohio RedHawks topped the Bowling Green Falcons 70-65 in a Mid-American Conference matchup at the Stroh Center.
Will Felder netted 12 points for the RedHawks (8-9, 4-2 MAC), who have won three straight games. Quinten Rollins added another 10 points.
Jehvon Clarke notched a game-high 22 points for the Falcons (9-10, 3-3), who had a three-game winning streak snapped. Anthony Henderson contributed 15 points.
The RedHawks got off to a good start, shooting 54.5 percent from the field and 8-of-8 at the free-throw line during the first half. At the other end, the Falcons shot 45.5 percent from the floor, but just 5-of-11 at the line, as they trailed 36-28 at the halfway mark.
In the second half, the RedHawks dropped to 39.1 percent from the field, but again relied on free-throw shooting, sinking 14-of-18 at the line. The Falcons made it interesting, shooting 39.4 percent, including 7-of-13 from 3-point range. Despite their strong perimeter game, however, they could not erase the first-half deficit.
Bowling Green got within two points with 9:30 left to play, but then surrendered a 10-2 run in the next four minutes and saw its chances of a comeback slip away.
01/25 22:04:26 ET