Pekka Rinne is 8-1 in March with a .935 SV% and a GAA of 1.75.
Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) -
The hottest goaltender on the planet doesn't play where you would expect. He's not in New Jersey or Calgary or even Buffalo. No, the No.1 netminder over the past 30 days is Nashville Predators' Pekka Rinne.
The Kempele, Finland native has been even more impressive over the past 10 days, winning his last six games, three by shutout.
That puts him on top of the "Goaltender of the Month" club and in rarified air for the fourth-year player (two years as a full-time starter).
Rinne's preseason ADP (Average Draft Position) was 79, making him just the 18th goalie off the draft board. He started off the season strong going 11-6 through the first two month, but then hit a cold streak in December when his Save Percentage dipped below .900 to .887 and his Goals Against Average jumped to 3.59.
However, he's worked hard to return his numbers to respectability and with this hot streak (8-1 in March with a .935 SV% and a GAA of 1.75) he is now 28-13-4 record with a .908 save% and a 2.59 GAA.
He's helped Nashville climb to second place in the Western Conference's Central Division (42-26-5) with 89 points just eight behind Chicago with nine games remaining in the 2009-10 regular season.
He's owned in 79% of all leagues and if you are in one of those remaining 21%, you should take a "flyer" on Rinne.