Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) -
We all know the names at the top of the "Players of the Month" lists which frequent many sites. But there's a name on this month's list which you may not expect if you haven't been paying close attention - Milwaukee center Andrew Bogut.
While LeBron James and Kevin Durant top the list, Bogut showed up in the top-five.
Over the past 30 days, Bogut, who is owned in 90% of all leagues (no I can't explain the other 10%) has averaged 16.9 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 2.1 apg and a stunning 3.5 blocks-per-night. The shot block total is No.1 in the NBA over that span. He also adds a solid 51.9% shooting from the field.
Bogut, who was the first overall pick in 2005, has been solid, but unspectacular over his first four seasons. That's not to say that the Portland Trail Blazers wouldn't be ecstatic to get those same numbers from 2007 No.1 overall selection Greg Oden. Or the 2001 Washington Wizards from No.1 pick Kwame Brown. Or this year's No.1 pick Blake Griffin. It's just than a career average of 12.7 ppg and 9.0 rpg isn't usually enough for a No.1 pick in the minds of many.
However, it appears that Bogut just took some time to get going.
For 2009-10, Bogut is averaging 16.1 ppg and 10.3 rpg to go along with all those blocked shots. And he's been healthy for most of the year which wasn't the case in 2008-09 when he participated in just 36 games.
Bogut will never be a Shaquille O'Neal-type center, but he can be a winning center and he certainly can help your fantasy lineup in many ways. And remember that next Draft Day when he's still available in the eighth round like he was this year - 2009-10 ADP (Average Draft Position) of 95.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 -- Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green reputation. ...