Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) -
It's likely the only East Coast people who watched the Oakland Raiders host the San Diego Chargers Sunday night at 11:35 p.m. ET were gamblers and fantasy owners.
I fall into the latter category, although with the state of my receiving corps I've been making plenty of roster gambles this season.
One move that wasn't a gamble, however, was starting Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor.
With Robert Griffin III on a bye, Pryor brought me home a three-point victory with 221 passing yards, 31 rushing yards and two passing scores.
I watched most of Sunday night's game and came away impressed with Pryor's ability to create something out of nothing and make several big plays downfield to his speedy receivers, Denarius Moore and Rod Streater.
The Raiders kept things simple most of the time, and Pryor completed the passes he should complete while showing great velocity and surprising accuracy on his short passes.
Given the sudden uncertain state of the quarterback position, Pryor is suddenly an option fantasy owners should consider on a week-to-week basis.
Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers are sure things and Philip Rivers has an easy schedule going forward, but after that the position is filled with question marks.
- Matthew Stafford looked like a below average passer without Calvin Johnson Sunday against Green Bay. He has two 300-yard games in five weeks and hasn't thrown for more than two touchdowns in any game.
- Matt Ryan suddenly finds himself without Julio Jones and Roddy White is now dealing with both an ankle sprain and a hamstring injury.
- Andrew Luck only has one 300-yard game.
- Cam Newton is as inconsistent as ever.
- RGIII and Colin Kaepernick haven't been the same threats as last season.
- Tom Brady has struggled to develop chemistry with his new receivers.
- Eli Manning has 12 interceptions and one lost fumble in five games.
- Prior to throwing for 500 yards and five scores in Week 5, Tony Romo had zero 300-yard games.
Pryor shouldn't be used in Week 6 against the crushing Kansas City Chiefs defense and the Raiders have a bye in Week 7, but after that Pryor faces Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and the New York Giants from Weeks 8-10.
The Raiders threw their support fully behind Pryor by releasing Matt Flynn Monday, and fantasy owners should follow suit.
WEST PALM BEACH, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 03/21/14 -- Companies that pride themselves on being eco-friendly may have conflicted ideas between marketing with ad specialties and maintaining their green reputation. ...
c 2013 WZTV Fox 17 provides local news, weather, sports, traffic and entertainment for NASHVILLE and nearby towns and communities in Middle Tennessee, including Nashville, Forest Hills, Brentwood, Franklin, Fairview, Dickson, Clarksville, White House, Greebrier, Springfield, Gallatin, Hartsville, Lebanon, Mt Juliet, Smyrna, College Grove, Thompson???s Station, Centerville, Murfreesboro, Columbia, Lewisburg, Shelbyville, Manchester, McMinnville, Smithville, Sparta, Cookeville, Hohenwald, Waverly, Camden, Paris, Lafayette, Portland, and in Kentucky, Russelville, Bowling Green, Franklin, Alvaton, Scottsville, Hopkinsville, Glasgow.