|International Soccer - Brazil|
· Past Champions
· Scoring Leaders
· Int'l Soccer
Ganso completes Sao Paulo move
Sao Paulo, Brazil (Sports Network) - Sao Paulo announced on Friday that the club has completed the transfer of midfielder Ganso from Santos.
The 22-year-old arrives at Sao Paulo on a five-year contract for an undisclosed fee, with his new club acquiring 45 percent of his economical rights, while investment company DIS owning the remaining 55 percent.
"I am very happy with this move. This is a dream come true," said Ganso. "Other clubs also showed an interest in signing me, but Sao Paulo was my first choice right away. I can't wait to repay them for all they've done to sign me."
Ganso, who made his debut as a Brazil international in 2010, was poised for a move away from Santos after his demand for an increase in wages was refused to be met by the club.
09/21 17:33:43 ET
Powered by The Sports Network.