Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) -
These are some of the top-hitters in my fantasy league so far...which one doesn't seem to fit the mold - Evan Longoria, Albert Pujols, Alfonso Soriano, Miguel Cabrera and Corey Hart?
If you said Mr. Hart, you are right. Yet he is still available in 8% of the leagues out there and in the other 92% should be looked upon as a good trade option.
Hart, the Milwaukee Brewers right fielder, doesn't get the credit he deserves while hitting in front of stars Ryan Braun and Prince Fielder in the lineup.
For the past two years Hart has been a 20-20 guy, becoming the first Brewers player to accomplish that feat in back-to-back seasons. In 2007 he scored 86 runs, hit 24 HRs, knocked in 81, stole 23 bases and had a solid .539 slugging percentage. Despite slipping a little bit last year, he was still a respectable No.3 outfielder for any fantasy team - 76 runs, 20 HRs, 91 RBIs, 23 SBs, .268 batting average.
So far in 2009, while Braun (batting .192) and Fielder (.208) have stumbled out of the gate, Hart (.308) has been the team's batting star, hitting three homers in the last four games and slugging at a .769 clip. Obviously he won't continue to slug at this pace, but he is worthy of being noticed. He should also be available for a reasonable price since he's not a "flashy" player or on a continually televised team (read Yankees, Red Sox).
Hart gives you production in every category and should be a trade target.
Early Season Slugging Leaders with 25-or-more ABs